I. PAYMENT BY AMAZON
1. About Currency of Preference on International Shopping
Currency of Preference on International Shopping allows you to shop in over 80 currencies and pay for qualifying purchases in your local currency with an eligible American Express, MasterCard or Visa credit or debit card.
Amazon.com allows you to shop in over 80 currencies. Currency of Preference is a display-only feature and allows you to see prices displayed in your preferred currency. You can update your Currency of Preference by changing from USD (default currency) to your preferred currency in the currency settings page. The available currencies for shopping are listed below. Once you are ready to purchase your item, at checkout, an 'Order Total' will display the total price of the order in the preferred currency. For payment, a 'Payment Total' will display the amount your payment method will be charged in.
If your order is eligible at checkout for Amazon Currency Converter, you can elect to pay with an eligible card, and the Payment Total will display the price in your card currency you elected to pay in. Please note that payment in a different currency is only possible for orders eligible for Amazon Currency Converter.
The currency you select is for reference use only. Prices may be displayed in your selected currency for your convenience, and you can have prices displayed in your chosen currency, even for orders not eligible for Amazon Currency Converter. At checkout, if you wish to pay using your chosen currency, the actual sales price will have additional fees which will be calculated at checkout. Your order must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for paying in your preferred currency with the Amazon Currency Converter.
- At any point within shopping, you can update your currency by changing to your preferred currency in the currency settings To use Amazon Currency Converter, proceed to checkout to determine eligibility. In order to see whether your order is eligible for checkout with the Amazon Currency Converter, select items you'd like to purchase and proceed to checkout.
- If the order is ineligible for checkout with the Amazon Currency Converter, your card will be charged in USD (default currency). Depending on your card's local currency, your bank or credit card company may assess additional fees, which may increase the overall cost of your purchase. Please contact your bank regarding these fees. Your local currency refers to the card currency associated with your eligible payment method.
- If you change an order, the Amazon Currency Converter will recalculate eligibility based on your changes. In the event that these changes make your order ineligible for the Amazon Currency Converter, your order total can only be paid in USD.
- You can learn more about exchange rates here.
2. Using Amazon PayCode
Amazon PayCode is available as a local currency, cash payment method in the United States and other select destinations.
Amazon PayCode appears as an available payment method for eligible orders at checkout. When using Amazon PayCode for the first time, you need to verify your identity and complete a payer registration form based on the requirements for your country. We share this information with the processing partner for the purpose of processing your payment. After you place your order, you receive a unique 9-digit PayCode.
Paying for your order
If you don't pay the balance before the PayCode expiration date in your order confirmation email, your order cancels automatically. To make a payment for your order, follow these steps:
- Visit a participating location before the PayCode expiration date.
- Tell the cashier that you want to pay for your Amazon order in cash.
- Present the 9-digit PayCode and a government-issued photo ID to the cashier. The name on the photo ID needs to match the name on the order.
Your payment receipt from the participating location is a confirmation that your order is entering the shipping process. Present this receipt to the participating location for any payment disputes.
When you place an order, Amazon contacts the issuing bank to confirm the validity of the payment method. Your bank reserves the funds until the transaction processes or the authorization expires, but this isn't an actual charge
Some banks call authorizations "pending" or "processing" charges. For more information on their specific policies regarding authorizations, contact the issuing bank.
II. PAYMENT BY PAYPAL
PayPal allows you to make payments using a variety of methods including: PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account balance, a bank account, PayPal Credit, debit or credit cards, and rewards balance.
You can choose any of the payment methods in your account with PayPal as your preferred payment method in the Payments section of your account settings. If you select a preferred payment method, it will be shown as the preferred payment method when you make a purchase online, in-store, or when you send money via goods and services.
Your billing information must be same as it is on your credit card statement. If any numbers are different, your order cannot be processed. Be sure to correctly spell city names and avoid using abbreviations unless that is how your information appears on your statement.